The Homesteader Kitchen is a joint effort run by mother-and-daughter team Marie and Bethany. We both love the homesteading and self-sufficient life, and wanted to share our research and knowledge with others.
Together, we operate several websites, including the Homesteader Kitchen, a homesteading skills teaching site called The Homesteader School, and a site about transitioning from city life to rural life at Rural Living Today.
We’ve been doing freelance writing, product reviews and research for many years and just recently decided to do our own site.
We did this mainly because we always wanted to publish reviews for products we’ve used, abused, loved and appreciated. And yes, a few products that we have had the opportunity to use and would LOVE to own.
We opted to call it the Homesteader Kitchen because the products that we review are really what we consider essential tools for the homesteading, back-to-basics lifestyle.
Being frugal is important to us, and so when we make an investment for a piece of equipment, we do loads of research beforehand.
We want to make sure that we are getting the best bang for our buck,
and we know we are not the only ones!
- Flourless Hazelnut Chocolate Cake Recipe (Gluten-Free)
- Grinding Meat in the Ninja Blender + Uncle Rico’s Chili Recipe
- Homemade 10-Minute Muddy Shamrock (Mint Chocolate Chip) Ice Cream Recipe
- Recipe: Gluten-Free Lactaction Cookies – A Baby’s Best Friend
- Sweet Vanilla Cream, aka Homemade Vanilla Coffee Creamer Recipe
- Updates – A cookbook, mailing list, and more!
- Home-Brined Corned Beef – The Verdict!
- Homemade Almond Joy Bars
- Homemade Bailey’s Irish Cream Recipe from a Tipsy Housewife
- Homemade Graham Crackers – Grain-free, gluten-free, GAPS-legal, etc.
- Homemade Honey Marshmallows
- Homemade Honey-Sweetened Dark Chocolate Bars – GAPS, Paleo, Primal, Etc.
- Homemade Iced Coffee Recipe (Or Starbucks Bottled Frappuccinos)
- Homemade S’Mores that are HEALTHY and even GAPS-legal
- Homemade, Home-Brined Corned Beef Without Added Nitrates
- How to make Homemade Nutella Hazelnut Spread from Scratch
- How to Make Rooster (Sriracha) Sauce AKA Wild Stallion Hot Sauce
- Recipe for Homemade Eggnog That Actually Tastes as Good as Storebought!
What Marie & Bethany look for in kitchen equipment:
- Must be long-lasting, we do not want to buy replacements even 5 or 10 years down the road
- Must have a capacity to do what we need it to without creating extra work for us
- Must allow us to work smarter, not harder
- Must help us become more and more independent of the grocery store and help us efficiently do more ourselves
- We prefer Made in USA when we can get it.
So feel free to browse around and see which products we have used and recommended. A word of warning – we both do a ton of research and we tend to get wordy.
Our Legalese / Disclaimer:
This website is not sponsored by any company and we have not been paid to do these reviews. Having said that, some of the links in the reviews are affiliate link,s which means if you do decide to purchase the item and click through one of our links, it helps support our efforts with no extra cost to you!